JUVEDERM® VOLITE $550 per syringe
Volite is an innovative hyaluronic acid (HA) based injectable treatment designed to improve skin quality for up to 9 months. This new skin conditioning treatment hydrates the skin from within increasing the production of elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid – three key factors in youthful skin. The result: smoother, plumper and younger looking skin. Volite can be used on face, neck, décolletage and hands
HOW DOES VOLITE WORK?
Volite works to plump up the skin by delivering hyaluronic acid (HA) into the dermis to increase hydration and stimulate collagen production resulting in smoother skin texture, increased elasticity and increased hydration. Volite is not a typical dermal filler, it works on the condition and quality of the skin through unique patented VYCROSS® technology.
WHAT AREAS CAN YOU TREAT WITH VOLITE®?
VOLITE can be used on your face for:
• Fine lines & wrinkles including crows feet (outer corners of the eyes
• Crepiness (wrinkled surface like crepe paper) around mouth and cheeks
• Acne scarring
• Skin laity
• General skin quality
VOLITE can be also be used on the Chest & Hands for:
• Skin laxity
• Fine lines
• Veins and hollows on back of hands
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING MY VOLITE APPOINTMENT?
The Volite treatment involves making a number of micro-injections into the skin of the target area with a tiny needle. Our clincians will begin by prepping you for your treatment which involves cleaning the area to be treated. Dr. Barnard will inject small amounts of Volite directly into the treatment area. A typical treatment takes approximately 15-20 minutes.
After the treatment is finished, you may experience common side effects related to the site of injection, these include bruising, redness, swelling, and tenderness. To control these side effects, it’s best to avoid such things as extreme temperatures, swimming, going into hot tubs, excessive sun exposure and drinking alcohol. This may last for a couple of days. You’ll need to avoid using makeup for about 24 hours afterward to minimize the risk of infection.
WHEN WILL I SEE RESULTS & HOW LONG DO RESULTS LAST?
Improvement in skin tone and hydration are typically visible 2 weeks post-injection. Results continue to improve. Clinical trials have shown improved skin hydration and elasticity lasting up to 9 months.
• VOLITE must not be used in:
– Patients suffering from untreated epilepsy;
– Patients who tend to develop hypertrophic scarring;
– Patients with known hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid and/or to gram positive bacterial proteins as hyaluronic acid is produced byStreptococcus type bacteria;
– Patients with known hypersensitivity to lidocaine or to amide-type local anaesthetics;
– Patients suffering from porphyria;
– Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding;
• Volite must not be used in areas presenting cutaneous inflammatory and/or infectious processes (acne, herpes, etc.).
• Volite should not be used simultaneously with laser treatment, deep chemical peels or dermabrasion. For surface peels, it is recommended not to inject the product if the inflammatory reaction generated is significant.