$175 full face / full price list below
A Photofacial (also referred to as an IPL treatment, Photo Rejuvenation and Foto Facial) is a non-invasive, pulsed light treatment proven to effectively correct the skin’s overall tone and texture resulting in healthier, younger looking skin.
Pulses of intense, optimized light penetrate the pigment and vessels below the skin’s surface to combat and correct: rosacea, sun spots, age spots, brown spots, wrinkles and skin laxity.
HOW DOES A PHOTOFACIAL WORK?
IPL technology delivers pulses of filtered light directly onto the skin which is absorbed by the melanin (pigmented lesions) and/or by the blood (vascular lesions). Light heats the pigment which breaks it down and the heat shrinks capillaries resulting in overall tone and texture improvements. Pulsed light systems are similar to lasers but use a larger beam for wider coverage resulting in a faster, more comfortable treatment.
Photofacials can be performed on any part of the body except directly around the eyes. This proven technology is effective in treating the following skin care concerns:
- Sunspots & Age Spots
- Sun-Damaged Skin
- Rosacea & Broken Capillaries
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING MY PHOTOFACIAL APPOINTMENT?
Before your treatment begins you’ll be provided with safety glasses to protect your eyes. Your clinician will deliver a few pulses in the treatment area to gauge your tolerance and allow you get comfortable with the sensation. Clients often describe the feeling as a quick elastic band snapping sensation similar to Laser Hair Removal. The entire procedure may take a few minutes to half an hour depending on the size of the area being treated.
It is normal to experience redness, warmth and a mild burning sensation in the treatment area. This generally lasts 2 to 4 hours after the procedure.
WHEN WILL I SEE RESULTS & HOW LONG DO RESULTS LAST?
Expect to see a gradual improvement after each Photofacial treatment. Results will vary depending on your individual skin quality. The need for additional treatment will vary from person to person depending on many factors including skin type, age, lifestyle and the extent of the initial skin damage. We generally recommend completing a set of 4 to 6 treatments for the best results.
The lasting effects of your Photofacial will depend on all of the above. Most clients see best results with a series of treatments followed by regular maintenance treatments.
To learn more about our Photofacial treatments and how they can benefit your skin, feel free to book a complimentary consult.
PHOTOFACIAL PRICE LIST
When it comes to patchy pigmentation, there’s a limit to how much topical skincare products will work. Photofacials penetrate down to the 2nd layer of your skin (dermis) with more intensity than at-home products allowing for notable results in skin tone & texture.
MOST COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
It is normal to experience temporary redness/flushed skin and a mild sunburn-like sensation in the treatment area. Some clients also experience minor swelling in the treatment area, this is common and normal.
PRE & POST TREATMENT GUIDES
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment. SPF 30+ is recommended.
- Ensure treatment area is free of sunburn, suntan, inflammatory acne and eczema prior to treatment.
- Avoid over-the-counter blood-thinning agents for 1 week prior to treatment.
- Refrain from using any form of Vitamin A for 1 week prior to treatment.
- No downtime needed. If desired, you may use makeup on treated area as long as the skin is not broken or irritated.
- Avoid tanning and excessive sun exposure to the treated area for at least 4 weeks following treatment. SPF 30+ is recommended at all times.
- Avoid hot baths or showers on treated areas for 48hrs following treatment.
- Avoid harsh cleansers or chemicals on treated areas for 48hrs following treatment.
- Please consult with your clinician to discuss when you should resume any prescribed topical medications.
Fresh Medical Spa is a local spa offering IPL Laser Photo Facial (Intense Pulsed Light) in the heart of Windsor, Ontario. An intense pulsed light (IPL) photofacial addresses multiple signs of aging. A photofacial can smooth fine lines, brighten your skin and fade hyperpigmentation.